SKU Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker Long handle
Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker long handle
SAVE time, SAVE energy and SAVE money with our easy to use pressure cooker. All our Duromatic Pressure Cookers are quiet, safe, easy to use, easy to clean, attractive to look at and will create delicious meals up to three times quicker. This Swiss made, Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker with a long handle is available in a range of sizes to suit all families. Read more >
Features & Benefits
Duromatic Inox Pressure Cookers are designed and made in Switzerland, they are available in a range of sizes to suit all families. Our Inox range has a timeless elegance and is made from high quality 18/10 stainless steel. The Inox range is also available with two side handles.
The Inox range includes all the key features of Duromatic pressure cookers.
SAFE – The integrated locking system and the four safety steam release systems make the Duromatic a really safe pressure cooker.
FAST – Cooking with the Duromatic takes, on average, just one third of the time of conventional cooking.
EASY – Having prepared and added the ingredients all you have to do is put the lid on, bring the pan to pressure and leave it to cook.
ECONOMICAL – The Duromatic pressure cooker is so much quicker, it will save you time and use up to 70% less energy.
QUIET – The spring loaded valve in the Duromatic makes it easy to monitor the pressure, there is no noisy steam escaping.
HEALTHY – the Duromatic will cook high-fibre, low-fat foods in record time AND preserve essential vitamins and nutrients.
VERSATILE – Use the Duromatic to cook a wide range of food throughout the year, including meat, vegetables, rice, pulses and puddings.
QUALITY – Duromatic Pressure Cookers are made of 18/10 stainless steel with a solid aluminium Superthermic® sandwich base for use on all heat sources, including induction hobs.
RELIABLE – The Duromatic pressure cooker has a 10 year guarantee and you have the support of a knowledgeable after sales team.
SWISS MADE – Jacques Kuhn created the first Duromatic pressure cooker in 1949. These high quality pressure cookers are still designed and made in Switzerland, using Swiss engineering and Swiss expertise.
Read on for more details about Duromatic Inox Pressure Cookers. See below for how to choose the right pressure cooker and a link to some pressure cooker recipes. See our FAQs on Pressure Cookers.
Vitamins are sealed in, instead of boiled away, vegetables keep their bright colours and flavours are more intense, so less seasoning is needed.
The Superthermic® sandwich heat-conducting base ensures rapid and even heat absorption on all heat sources, including induction.
The interior of the pan has ½ and ⅔ fill level indicators. You can brown meats in the pan before the lid is locked on, or continue to cook conventionally without the lid.
Easy positioning triangles allow you to close the lid with the minimum of fuss.
The Duromatic pressure cooker has two pressure settings, so you can cook safely and effortlessly at low or high pressure just by adjusting the heat. At 5.8 psi the valve is at the first red ring - use this setting for cooking food such as fish, rice, lentils and most fruit. At 11.6 psi, the second red ring, the pressure is ideal for pulses, meat and root vegetables – use this setting for older recipes that refer to 15 psi.
When the food is cooked the pressure can be released in one of three safe and easy ways.
- Turn the heat off and leave the pressure cooker to cool.
- Lightly press on the pressure indicator to release steam.
- Cool the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water.
Safety features for all models in the Duromatic® range include the fully-automatic locking system; this stops you from opening the pan while there is still pressure inside.
Duromatic pressure cookers have a 10 year guarantee on the pressure cooker body and a 2 year warranty on all parts - see Use & Care (below) for more details.
Supplied with a trivet, other accessories also available.
Pressure Cooker recipes - wondering what to cook in your pressure cooker? Contact us to download a free recipe book, plus you can download our free App for Android or Apple devices for the latest recipes and news.Take a look at some recipes using a pressure cooker on our website.
Scroll down for advice on how to choose the right pressure cooker for you.
Choosing the right size pressure cooker - this is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings:-
- 2.5L pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.0L pressure cooker – up to 4 servings
- 5.0L pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.0L pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8.0L pressure cooker – up to 8 servings
Choosing the right shape of pressure cooker
- If you want to cook soup or joints of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
Choosing the pressure cooker with the right handles
- Side grips – easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed.
- Long handle with a smaller assist handle – gives increased leverage, making the pan easier to tip and pour.
See our wide range of Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers - available in different designs, shapes and sizes.
Use & Care
- To ensure you get the best from your Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker please follow the detailed instructions supplied with the pressure cooker.
- It's really easy to use a Duromatic Pressure Cooker - follow the recipe, when you’re ready to bring the pan up to pressure, close the lid, place on the heat, wait till the pressure indicator in the lid has lifted to the right pressure, then control the pressure by turning heat on the hob up or down - once it is set you can leave it to cook.
- The Duromatic pressure cooker has two pressure settings. At 5.8 psi the valve is at the first red ring - use this setting for cooking food such as fish, rice, lentils and most fruit. At 11.6 psi, the second red ring, the pressure is ideal for pulses, meat and root vegetables – use this setting for older recipes that refer to 15 psi.
- When the cooking time has been reached the pressure can be released naturally by just turning off the heat, it can be released quicker by depressing the pressure indicator until all the steam has been released, or place the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water to cool the pan and reduce the pressure.
- Hand-washing is recommended - for normal soiling, use warm water and washing-up liquid.
- For a more intensive clean, a build-up of lime scale or any discolouration use our SWISS CLEANER.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or the use of dishwashers as this can damage the surface of the pan.
- If washed regularly in the dishwasher, synthetic fittings may lose their shine and the aluminium may oxidise or corrode.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool or scourers.
- Limescale can be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.
- 10 year guarantee on the pressure cooker body and a 2 year warranty on all parts subject to wear such as gaskets, handles, valves, valve caps, and internal components.
- Warranty does not cover damage to the pressure cooker due to overheating, general misuse or commercial use.
- Pressure Cooker recipes - wondering what to cook in your pressure cooker? Take a look at some recipes using a pressure cooker on our website.
Delivery & Returns
FREE delivery to the Republic of Ireland on all orders worth €50 or more.
Method Information Price Standard
Delivery Orders for less than €50 to the Republic of Ireland will incur a charge. Delivery will be within 3-5 working days (Monday – Friday). €9.90 Free Standard
Delivery FREE delivery to the Republic of Ireland on all orders worth €50 or more. delivery will be within 3-5 working days (Monday – Friday). FREE
*Only one carriage charge will be applied to an order, even if there is more than one consignment.
We use Royal Mail for most of our deliveries.
Orders are despatched via Royal Mail International Tracked Service.
We will usually ask for a signature on delivery and will definitely require a signature if the delivery includes age restricted items, such as knives.
Tracking information will be emailed to you and sent to a mobile number if provided.
Orders received by midday will usually be delivered a day quicker than orders received later on the same day.
Standard delivery is Monday to Friday.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, Saturday or Sunday will be despatched on the following Monday (if it is a public holiday the order will be despatched on the next working day).
To avoid failed/delayed deliveries please provide special instructions when placing your order regarding where the parcel may be safely left, either on your property or with a designated neighbour.
If, in the unlikely event, there is a delay with your order we will contact you to explain the situation, you may at this stage want to:-
a) Cancel your order.
b) Select alternative products.
c) Continue with your order which we will despatch as soon as the stock is available.
Whilst we make every effort to fulfil every order promptly we are not liable for any failure to deliver, or delay in delivering items you have ordered due to reasons beyond our control.
- If you, as a private individual (and not in the course of a business) buy from us over the website (without any face to face contact) you are entitled to change your mind, cancel your order and get a full refund.
- If you want to cancel or change an order before it has been despatched please contact us and we will issue a full refund.
- If, for any reason, you decide you don’t want your purchases, after they have been despatched, then we will refund or exchange in accordance with your legal rights. Please report the matter to us immediately and certainly within 14 days of receiving the goods, either email or phone Customer Services (tel. +44 (0)1902 458410 – Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm).
- Before returning any items please phone (+44 (0)1902 458410) or email us. We just need to know your name, your order number, the item reference and your reason for the return.
- To avoid damage in transit please pack items to be returned in the original carton and similar outer packaging as that in which you received the goods.
- We will send an exchange or refund the cost of the goods within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you.
- A delivery charge may be incurred if the goods are to be exchanged.
- In line with legislation we have the right to deduct monies from refunds if the goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value.
- Items delivered damaged must be reported to us within 14 working days of receipt of delivery and should be returned (if requested by us) within 14 days for a refund (including outbound and return delivery costs).
- Name & address for returning goods: Customer Returns, Kuhn Rikon Ltd., Landport Road, Wolverhampton. WV2 2QJ. UK.